All of ME

All of ME
Pensive

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Her dilemma is also mine

Last Friday,I received a call from a dear friend.She had bad news for me.Her cancer had returned.About 12 years ago her kidney was stricken with cancer and she had to go for surgery.It was a success and her follow-up was to go for annual check-ups.Among the medical fraternity,if it does'nt strike after 10 years you're considered to be safe from that debilitating disease.But she discovered it had recurred not from her annual check-up but from a scan she took because she had swallowed a bone.One thing led to another and the result was the cancer was now in her sternum.The surgery cannot be done immediately what with the swine flu scare,so it is scheduled for June 10th.
I was aghast at the development of her health and for once I was at a loss for words.I guess it was better that way as I think she needed a good listener.It would have been futile if I had told her not to worry and that everything would be alright because that would have been a great lie!Cancer wil never be alright.It just the beginning of a long and painful journey to meet your Maker.
I will be visiting her very soon and I pray to God for strength to be calm and not break down.I want to tell her that I will be there for her in her time of need.So God please help me help her go through this with grace and strength.AMIN

1 comment:

  1. Dear Lyn
    my doa also for her. sure, u will be the best listener ever. and she needs that kind of friend now. she has u.

    ReplyDelete