All of ME

All of ME
Pensive

Saturday, May 9, 2009

My special days.

Today's Mothers' day.I've often wondered why 10th May is MD.Are mothers invisible on other days of the year?Yes?You ungrateful wretch you!
Every day should be mothers' day and Fathers'day and teachers' day.They are the people who guide and mould you and whom you practically see each and every day.
I have my special days which I think are very important and should be celebrated!The first is birthdays.It is a day for me (note that I don't use the word 'us' or 'you')to be grateful that I've been given another chance to live this life on Earth with my loved ones.Some people disagree with me for they say it is 'sambutan orang putih dan kita bukan OP'.It depends on how you look at it.When my late father-in-law was alive,and if he happened to be in Muar where we were living and it was my birthday or anyone else's,he would read the doa.I like this form of celebrating.Presents and cakes are just extras...but welcome ones!
Wedding anniversaries are important but only to those who have had a good marriage.There's no point celebrating whatmore remembering, if your marriage is on the rocks!I celebrate mine with him.
Hari Raya is the last .After the fasting it is time to be proud of what you have done and to celebrate.Of course ,in-between when someone dear informs me she's got her doctrate (ahem),I celebrate quietly within me.The latest good news that I've received is when Hadifah my pupil in my last school before I retired,tells me she'll graduate this July!Hers is truly a story of grit and determination and I celebrate with her.I'm proud to be part of her life!

No comments:

Post a Comment