All of ME

All of ME
Pensive

Saturday, March 28, 2009



The word 'sanctuary' was indeed a long word for me as a child.On inquiring what it meant,I was told it was a place for the insane!On a field trip with the teacher,I found that we were heading for SANCTUARY as the arrow indicated.I told her respectfully there was no way I would venture THERE .So she explained it was a sanctuary for birds and that I would enjoy the stop-over.From then I knew that a sanctuary was a place and there were so many types of sanctuaries...sanctuaries for the insane,for birds,for people who were ill,for people who found wearing clothes a great problem..for everything.
I have one too.It's not a far away place in the woods where a babbling brook passes by.It is right here in my very own garden.This is where I go when I need to be on my own.This is where I go when my feelings have been hurt and where I ponder why certain things happen to me.I try to sort out my thoughts and wonder if it happened because of me.Trust me when you're alone you get to see things straight.
I'm not the only fellow in this sanctuary.I share it with a flock of birds who to my mind are the happiest birds on Earth.They are constantly singing early morn,noon and evening.Twilight is the noisiest time.I guess it's nagging time!When the flowers are in bloom especially the orange jessamine,buzzing bees make a stopover.All are welcome EXCEPT the monitor lizard and her baby.Frankly ,she ,the mother ,frightens me.And she's just as afraid of me too which often makes her scramble for her life when she sees me.Then there'll be at least a few broken pots because she' not good at handling sudden skirmishes.I've not seen her for some time though.
Even while I write this post,the birds are out there in my sanctuary singing and chirping.Maybe they miss my presence.Ha ha ha.Okay,hold on.I'm coming!!!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Lyn
    wahh, what a lovely sanctuary! yeh, precisely we deserved to have one - a place that we see things straight, as u claimed. i have one in my private room at the office (not the official room) considered as my sanctuary. my friend told me it's an appartment for me becoz it locates at the end of the block where the birds, squirrals (heheh...) are acompanying me. and near my door we could have view of the masjid and blue sky. but of course everything when the semester breaks...or else not a sanctuary la!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Squirrels???Do you give them nuts to eat?Wah! got the best view..the best always for the best writer right??

    ReplyDelete
  3. yup squirrels...but they r like pigeons...easily ran away when noticing me getting near to them. so no nuts meh!

    ReplyDelete