All of ME

All of ME
Pensive

Saturday, February 7, 2009

Too young

I started school young, that is,a year earlier than the others.M was running the canteen in the school and she managed to wrangle a place for me in year one.When I finished my "O" s,I was hardly 15.The trend those days was to temp as a teacher bit nobody wanted me!Too young they said.It was only a year later that I finally got the chance to temp at the Convent school mainly because mother knew someone there!!A year later I finally trained as a teacher.Tht's me in front of my brother's volkswagen.No,I did'nt drive....just posing,just posing.That suit was sewn by yours truly.At that time the bookshops were full of dress-making Japanese books.Though they were all explained in the Japanese language,I managed to figure out what it was all about and hey presto there was I with new clothes every now and then.My favourite book was SOEN ..Until today I do not know what SOEN means.I should find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment